If O wants to change the country in one way, and T wants to change it in a very different way, T's election victory vindicates O, since they both favor change:
- Aides even interpreted the results as a validation of sorts for Mr. Obama, because Mr. Trump stood as the candidate of change, just as he had, albeit change of a different sort.
- - Peter Bakerov, Obama’s Policies and Broader Vision Face Reckoning With History, NYT, Nov. 12, 2016
A Catholic priest provides a good example of someone out of touch with reality:
- He thunders about "feminazis."
- When his daughter gets a poem published in The New Yorker, he declares, bizarrely, that it was “part of The New Yorker’s mission to abolish age-of-consent laws.”
- - DWIGHT GARNER, Patricia Lockwood Is a Priest’s Child (Really), but ‘From the Devil’, NYT, MAY 3, 2017